As the Family Goes

JP II Quote

"As the family goes, so goes the nation, and so goes the whole world in which we live." John Paul II

Friday, March 15, 2013

Day of Grace

Lately it seems, the best things for me always tend to be those that require the most amount of effort.  This morning was no different.  A friend of mine started a Catholic Moms Pray & Play group in our city.  I missed the first meeting last week due to illness in the family, and this week was so looking forward to going.  Late yesterday afternoon however, my commitment began to waiver just a little bit.  Somehow the day had gotten away from me, and I hadn't accomplished everything I wanted to.  And we have friends coming over this evening.  And 10:30 am is so early to get a family of seven (who lives 45 minutes outside the city) up and out.  And the baby was up at 4:30 am.  And what about school?

As all of these thoughts ran through my head, the Lord gently reminded me of the reality - these are good Catholic women, and good friends.  This is an amazing opportunity for fellowship, and a fun time out for our kids.  The life I lived in my teenaged years, the community I had that was so integral to my faith life, started out this way, with the women I look to and admire as matriarchs of good holy families sitting around as young moms, with young babies, and making the effort to get together.  I knew once I was in town, it would be worth it.

So I decided we could do school this afternoon.  I messaged my friend. I let her know I might be a little late, to take the pressure off myself (I was in fact, a lot late!)  And I was so blessed by the time we spent together.  I even got the kids to mass, which the playgroup was conveniently organized around so that we could attend.  We played, we prayed, and we were uplifted.

I find as I look back on my life these days, that nothing is easy.  But some things are worth making time for.  Maybe I don't need to move mountains to go shopping, or watch the latest episode of my favorite show.  But some good, quality Mom time with Moms who love Jesus?  I can't think of any better reason to get this little train in gear.

A few of the reasons my life is crazy in all the best ways

No comments :

Post a Comment