As the Family Goes

JP II Quote

"As the family goes, so goes the nation, and so goes the whole world in which we live." John Paul II

Monday, March 31, 2014

Kids Art - Winter Owls

Our kids have the blessed privilege of taking art classes from one of the teachers at our local Catholic school.  She comes in once every two weeks to our homeschool co-op and guides our kids through many amazing techniques to produce masterpieces that we had no idea could come from our children!  If you visit Divine Mercy Catholic School, examples of her instruction can be seen lining the walls.  She is an amazingly gifted teacher, and we are so fortunate to have her come work with our kids.

As it has been almost a year, we are accumulating quite a pile of artwork that I have no idea what to do with!  Since my intention is to someday print my blog to have a hard copy for myself, what better way to preserve these memories than to post them here.  That way, they will be mixed in with all the other memories I have of them growing up.  I don't keep baby books of any kind, so I suppose this is a good compromise.

Here's one of the first projects they worked on.  These beautiful snowy owls were painted just before winter began, and I think on a day like today are still quite fitting.  They were painted by my four oldest children, aged 5-9 (though I can't for the life of me remember who did which one!)





Happy snowy Monday!

No comments :

Post a Comment