As the Family Goes

JP II Quote

"As the family goes, so goes the nation, and so goes the whole world in which we live." John Paul II

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Snapshot - February 3, 2013

Happy February!  Here are a few of the memories we made this week (starting with the upper corner, and working around clockwise to the center):


We loved having Jeff home for the last two days of the week.  I wish he could be home every day, he is the heart and soul of our family life.  On this particular day I sat the kids down with their school work and set out to do some chores of my own.  Our kindergardener needed help, and before he had even finished asking me to come over Jeff was right there.  Not sure if you can tell but he's got his outside clothes on, he was on his way out to do some work.  But he dropped everything so that I wouldn't have to, so he could teach his son. I love when he works with them - they relate so much better to the way he teaches.  They are so lucky to have such a great dad.

On one of Jeff's days off we made a road trip to a newly constructed aquarium outside the city.  We had visited the old one many times, and I didn't even know there was a new one on the way.  It was spectacular!   This photo is definitely my favorite of the day, the seals were always the biggest attraction at the old aquarium (which only had an outdoor pool).  This pool was two stories high, and you could view the seals from the lower level inside or from the upper level out on the deck.  It was amazing!

This is one of Jeff's favorite photos of the day, he loves how interested the kids all are.  Jeff is so in his element here, he loves wildlife.  I don't even know how he knows everything he knows, but he does, and the kids just eat it all up.  

Another favorite on our trip to the aquarium is always the touch pond.  This is full of all kinds of Atlantic marine life that is safe for picking up.  The starfish is always my favorite, but there are also things like crabs, sea cucumbers, urchins, clams, scallops, sand dollars...there was even a big flounder!  The kids were not overly brave at picking things out themselves, but they loved directing Dad to the ones they were curious about, and he was happy to oblige.

Sundays in winter are beautiful.  They are so quiet and cozy.  After Mass I had to work for a bit so Jeff and most of the kids came home before me, which made me even more happy to have some downtime with the younger ones after I got home.  These guys could listen to stories all day.  This one is Dr. Seuss, a favorite in our house.  

This was such a sweet moment the other day, when Aaron decided to read to his baby sister.  "Read story to Mary Clarice" he announces, and sits right down beside her. I love how interested she is, she adores her big brother.  I think the feeling is mutual.

What can I say about this little guy?  I think this photo says it all.  He cracks me up :)

And finally, not to be outdone little Mary is quite a storyteller in her own right.  Here my girls and I soak in the early morning sun, while Katie and I listen intently to the musings of our baby girl.  Life really is amazing in its simplicity.

Many blessings on your upcoming week!

No comments :

Post a Comment